Special Event–Getting Hitched On The High Seas?
Everything You Need To Know About Tying The Knot At Sea
If you’re looking to have a simple yet elegant wedding, getting hitched on the high seas gives the best of both worlds. It’s fast, doesn’t require detailed planning, and you can kill two birds with one stone. Since cruises are frequent choices for honeymooners, why not do both?
Whether you want to say your vows near the warm Caribbean or have a scene straight out of Frozen, you can make it happen on a cruise. Before you start sending “save the dates”, know that cruise weddings require flexibility. Read on to learn how to avoid some snags during the planning process.
Make your guest list first
Do you want to elope with your main squeeze or fill the ship with everyone you know? Your decision on party size will shape your experience. You may have always wanted your closest family and friends there, but it will be a little different on a ship. You’ll have a lot of interaction with them along with other cruise guests, and it means grandma will be around for your honeymoon.
Some ships also limit the amount of guests allowed to attend the ceremony. Check these details first before deciding which cruise line to book with. Even if you don’t invite guests for the cruise, you have other ways to include them for the ceremony.
● Have the ceremony aboard before sailing off- wedding guests can board the ship after previous passengers depart. You’ll have time for the ceremony and a quick reception before guests leave and your cruise departs.
● Let loved ones watch from home on the webcam- check with the cruise line to see which ships make these accommodations.
Also check their options for:
● Group Rates
● Wedding packages
● Theme and style that fits your special day
Get your paperwork in order early
You won’t find a chapel at every corner of port destinations or the ship. Some captains can’t perform the ceremony and each port has different rules for visitors to wed on their turf. Your other option is to choose a destination beach or venue for the ceremony. Either way, you’ll need a marriage license for that location. It’s up to you to make sure you meet the requirements.
Pack for the occasion
When packing, keep two things in mind: your wedding and the cruise ship. Focus on items to stay organized and make life easier aboard the ship. Then throw in a few essentials that will make your day memorable.
Don’t leave home without these cruise must haves:
1. Give your wedding guests the ultimate voyage upgrade with a custom Voyage Box. It is the perfect way to tell your bridal party how truly honored you are to have them sharing in your big day. Our team will work with you to create the ultimate custom bridal gift.
2. TheTravel Hanging Toiletry Bag by Hikenture is a small package that does big things. It seems the bag has endless compartments that you can contract for easy packing and hang it in your cabin closet or on sink top. A compact lightweight travel bag for small bottles, shampoo, razors, deodorant and toothpaste, This bag has has tall, mesh pockets and pouches. The bag has tall mesh pockets and pouches. With the small cabins and bag limits, the Hikenture is the perfect travel bag.
3. The Bose SoundLink Revolve Portable Bluetooth 360 Speaker keeps the party going all night. It doesn’t matter if you’re poolside (paired with headphones) , beachside, or on more rugged adventures. With wireless range up to 30 feet and 12 hours of playtime, this speaker won’t let you down. This speaker has True 360-degree coverage.
4. Everyone loves to take pictures at wedding celebrations. They’ll be even more eager to strike a pose when they grab a Wedding Photo Booth Prop. A collection of humorous expressions and silly faces will add life to your cruise wedding events.
5. When you’re ready to roll, pack all your items in the Rockland Melbourne 20-inch Expandable Abs Carry-On. The luggage meets size requirements, is sturdy, and easy to carry. All your necessities can fit in this small bag to save space and not weigh you down.
6. When your getting ready for you big day and your cousin Mike comes into your cabin for pictures with a shirt that looks like he rolled all the way to your cabin. No worries at all, you packed Beautural Garment Steamers. This steamer is small, lightweight, and is perfect for travel. It include an Auto-Off.
Plan for a rainy day...literally
Like people are torn over whether to buy travel insurance, it’s the same when planning for bad weather. Everyone fantasizes, hopes, and prays for a beautiful and romantic cruise wedding. As much as they do, ship happens. Captains make tough decisions to skip ports, handle emergencies on board, and even issue rain checks.
Avoid panic and disappointment with one of these backup plan suggestions:
● Have a small ceremony at a home destination and make the cruise wedding symbolic.
● Make arrangements for a ship ceremony if the cruise line has to cancel the port.
Whether traveling with a multitude or the two of you against the world, getting hitched on the high seas is a memory you won’t soon forget. With a little planning, you can save your sand dollars and have the cruise wedding of your dreams.
Cabin Essentials–Your Cabin Is your Home Away From Home
Products You Can’t Sail Without
If you’re jumping on-board for a special occasion, celebrate the occasion with your own wine or cocktail. Even if nothing special is going on, the excitement of a cruise holiday calls for popping a bottle (or three!)...
Cabin Essentials–Is There A Method To The Madness Of Packing?
Cool Gear To Maximize Your Cabin Space
A cruise cabin isn’t the place to pack everything, but the kitchen sink. It’s more like a minimalist’s paradise. With square footage ranging from 185 to 345, you have to pack strategically. If you’ve never been on a cruise...
Cabin Essentials–When You No Longer Want to Listen to Margaritaville (Sorry, Jimmy)
Bluetooth Speakers That Are Sure To Get Your Cabin Jumping
Cruising is always enhanced when you know tips from those who have traveled before. You're excited for a fun, amazing voyage. But do you have everything you need? Are there key cabin essentials you're...
Special Event–Getting Hitched On The High Seas?
Everything You Need To Know About Tying The Knot At Sea
If you’re looking to have a simple yet elegant wedding, getting hitched on the high seas gives the best of both worlds. It’s fast, doesn’t require detailed planning, and you can kill two birds with one stone. Since...
Special Event–Experience A New Adventure
If you're a cruise newbie, you may be under the impression that all cruises are alike -- but nothing could be further from the truth! Themed cruises are all the rage, allowing you to indulge in a long weekend or...
Onboard–Tips For Drinking On The Cheap
Save Money to Spend on That Bob Marley Ashtray
Cruises are synonymous with several things, such as, sun, recreation, relaxation, all-inclusiveness, fun port activities, eating more than you can possibly imagine and drinking. Unfortunately, the cost of alcohol...
Onboard–Party Hard? We Got You Covered
Hangover Remedies When Your at Sea
Just think. It won't be long now until you will be enjoying your time at sea, partying, relaxing, laying out in the sun, meeting new people, eating and drinking to your heart's content and having a great time. However...
Onboard–It's Your First Cruise, So What!
Tips to Make any Rookie Cruiser Look like a Veteran
Cruise ships are floating mega-resorts (and they’re getting bigger every year). Symphony of the Seas, the world’s largest cruise ship, features 18 decks and is longer than a nuclear powered aircraft carrier. Do you...
Onboard–Get Your Selfie On!
The Next Gen Selfie Sticks
No one truly believes that you've been on vacation until you post some killer pictures on Instagram or SnapChat. Why not make it easier to get the pics of your dreams without having to hand your phone to random...
Shore Excursions–Disembarking On An Adventure!
Tips That Are Sure to Make Your Shore Excursion's More Enjoyable
If you’re doing a group cruise, getting everyone together can be challenging. There’s a slim chance you’ll catch everyone in their cabin at once. That means reaching them by room phones is out of the question...
Shore Excursion–Backpacks That Don't Suck
Day-Tripping with the World's Most Cutting Edge Backpacks
Who says foldable backpacks have to be boring and look dated or old? The Zipsak Backsak is a fun and funky option that is ideal for travel. The miniature footprint makes it easy to pop this backpack into your...
Nightlife–From Groove Cruise To Celebrity's Sin City Party
These Are Some of the Best Cruise Ship Parties at Sea
1. Groove Cruise. Do you love to dance to pounding techno music and dress in extravagant outfits? Then then why not do it in the middle of the ocean. This 4 day floating dance party is like no other cruise you will...
Nightlife–Get Your Glow On!
Best Glow Gear For Any Deck Party
Best Glow Parties on Cruise LinesYou may be looking for the best cruise line to book your vacation on now, or you may have already booked one -- but check out this list of the best glow parties on the high seas and...
Before & After–Don't Miss The Ship!
Tips to make sure you are sipping your Miami Vice on the top deck Instead of watching your ship sail away from port
It’s happened to the best of us. We have it in our heads to arrive, get on board, and be smooth sailing on our cruise ship. Life sometimes serves us rocky moments that don’t guarantee an ideal embarkation day. But...
Before & After–How To Take Care Of Your Cruise Staff
Tipping is not the only way to say thank you
Before & After–Travel In ComfortTravel In Comfort January 2018 You're going on a cruise. Congrats! Get ready to experience one of the best vacations of...
Before & After–Travel In Comfort
Travel gear to make your trip not only fun,but comfortable
You're going on a cruise. Congrats! Get ready to experience one of the best vacations of your life. Want to make it even better? Why not, right? We thought you might. One way to do this is to make your trip more...
Before & After–You Deserve A New Luggage Set
We have luggage suggestion for every type of traveler
Cabin Essentials You Can’t Sail Without January 2018 There's nothing fun about dragging a heavy, oversized piece of luggage through an...