Onboard–Party Hard? We Got You Covered
Hangover Remedies When Your at Sea
Just think. It won't be long now until you will be enjoying your time at sea, partying, relaxing, laying out in the sun, meeting new people, eating and drinking to your heart's content and having a great time. However, one not so great experience that you'll want to avoid on your cruise is an unpleasant hangover. No worries, we at Before The Cruise have you covered. Read below for some helpful tips on treating and even preventing a hangover while cruising:
To Prevent a Hangover
● Choose Clear Liquor/Drinks: According to a Brown University study, dark bourbon has more than 37 times as many toxic compounds as clear Vodka. Therefore, to prevent a hangover, stick to clear liquor as opposed to darker varieties as they have less sugar and toxins.
●Enjoy Your Wine, Without a Hangover: Prevent your hangover from happening in the first place while still enjoying your wine with The Wand. This product filters red and white wine while preventing morning-after headaches. It works by removing 95% of sulfites, chemicals and additives. You can also try this wine purifier byUllo. It filters out sulfites and aerates for a purer drink.
● Skip The Champagne: Go with a noncarbonated alcoholic beverage to reduce your risk of a hangover. Studies have shown that the carbonation leads to greater alcohol absorption. Unfortunately, the tiny little bubbles we all love in champagne is exactly the type of carbonation you should avoid to prevent a morning hangover.
To Treat a Hangover
The partying might be heaven, but the morning after is hell. Therefore, you'll want to keep the following tips in mind if you happen to drink a little too much, and find yourself with a doozy of a hangover:
● Drink Lots of Water: You might already have figured this out based on the frequency in which you need to visit the little gentlemen or ladies room when drinking, but alcohol is a diuretic. This is a more proper way of saying it makes you pee, a lot. Consequently, as you drain your body of water drinking, you can become dehydrated. Therefore, one way to ensure you replenish what you lost during your night of revelry is to drink lots of water the following morning and throughout the next day. To make this task more pleasant, consider purchasing The Right Cup. This fruit flavored cup instantly makes the taste of water more pleasant, helping you get the water you need to recover.
● Get Active/ Get Outside: Admittedly, working out, or being active in any way after waking up with a brutal hangover after a night of fun is likely the last thing you want to think about but it will help. While it won't literally happen, consider your physical effort as a way to force all the leftover booze out of your body, through your sweating pores. You can get active via a walk on the deck of your cruise ship. However, even if you choose just to sit outside, though, the fresh air can also help your hangover. This works because oxygen has been shown to increase the rate at which alcohol breaks down in the body. Fresh air also leads to increased blood flow and metabolism.
● Drink Some Joe: Drinking lots of coffee is another way to help reduce your hangover symptoms and sober up. To do this even when being on the go, like you are during a port call, try this temperature control travel mug by Ember to keep your joe piping hot.
● Take Some Activated Charcoal: Activated charcoal is a highly absorbent material. It helps bind and capture unwanted material. In the case of a hangover, this would, of course, include alcohol. Charcoal also promotes a healthy digestion, which can aid in the hangover process. Try this Coconut Charcoal by Bulletproof to tame your next hangover.
● Try Vitamin B: Vitamin B is vital to a properly functioning body. It is also important to a normally functioning nervous system. Try this Super B Energy Complex by Nature Made to help your body recoup from a night of fun.
Keep the above tips and products in mind as you prepare for your upcoming cruise. Through the implementation of these tips and the use of these products, there need to forgo a good time in order to prevent the negative elements of a hangover. Now, go have fun, because we have you covered!
Cabin Essentials–Your Cabin Is your Home Away From Home
Products You Can’t Sail Without
If you’re jumping on-board for a special occasion, celebrate the occasion with your own wine or cocktail. Even if nothing special is going on, the excitement of a cruise holiday calls for popping a bottle (or three!)...
Cabin Essentials–Is There A Method To The Madness Of Packing?
Cool Gear To Maximize Your Cabin Space
A cruise cabin isn’t the place to pack everything, but the kitchen sink. It’s more like a minimalist’s paradise. With square footage ranging from 185 to 345, you have to pack strategically. If you’ve never been on a cruise...
Cabin Essentials–When You No Longer Want to Listen to Margaritaville (Sorry, Jimmy)
Bluetooth Speakers That Are Sure To Get Your Cabin Jumping
Cruising is always enhanced when you know tips from those who have traveled before. You're excited for a fun, amazing voyage. But do you have everything you need? Are there key cabin essentials you're...
Special Event–Getting Hitched On The High Seas?
Everything You Need To Know About Tying The Knot At Sea
If you’re looking to have a simple yet elegant wedding, getting hitched on the high seas gives the best of both worlds. It’s fast, doesn’t require detailed planning, and you can kill two birds with one stone. Since...
Special Event–Experience A New Adventure
If you're a cruise newbie, you may be under the impression that all cruises are alike -- but nothing could be further from the truth! Themed cruises are all the rage, allowing you to indulge in a long weekend or...
Onboard–Tips For Drinking On The Cheap
Save Money to Spend on That Bob Marley Ashtray
Cruises are synonymous with several things, such as, sun, recreation, relaxation, all-inclusiveness, fun port activities, eating more than you can possibly imagine and drinking. Unfortunately, the cost of alcohol...
Onboard–Party Hard? We Got You Covered
Hangover Remedies When Your at Sea
Just think. It won't be long now until you will be enjoying your time at sea, partying, relaxing, laying out in the sun, meeting new people, eating and drinking to your heart's content and having a great time. However...
Onboard–It's Your First Cruise, So What!
Tips to Make any Rookie Cruiser Look like a Veteran
Cruise ships are floating mega-resorts (and they’re getting bigger every year). Symphony of the Seas, the world’s largest cruise ship, features 18 decks and is longer than a nuclear powered aircraft carrier. Do you...
Onboard–Get Your Selfie On!
The Next Gen Selfie Sticks
No one truly believes that you've been on vacation until you post some killer pictures on Instagram or SnapChat. Why not make it easier to get the pics of your dreams without having to hand your phone to random...
Shore Excursions–Disembarking On An Adventure!
Tips That Are Sure to Make Your Shore Excursion's More Enjoyable
If you’re doing a group cruise, getting everyone together can be challenging. There’s a slim chance you’ll catch everyone in their cabin at once. That means reaching them by room phones is out of the question...
Shore Excursion–Backpacks That Don't Suck
Day-Tripping with the World's Most Cutting Edge Backpacks
Who says foldable backpacks have to be boring and look dated or old? The Zipsak Backsak is a fun and funky option that is ideal for travel. The miniature footprint makes it easy to pop this backpack into your...
Nightlife–From Groove Cruise To Celebrity's Sin City Party
These Are Some of the Best Cruise Ship Parties at Sea
1. Groove Cruise. Do you love to dance to pounding techno music and dress in extravagant outfits? Then then why not do it in the middle of the ocean. This 4 day floating dance party is like no other cruise you will...
Nightlife–Get Your Glow On!
Best Glow Gear For Any Deck Party
Best Glow Parties on Cruise LinesYou may be looking for the best cruise line to book your vacation on now, or you may have already booked one -- but check out this list of the best glow parties on the high seas and...
Before & After–Don't Miss The Ship!
Tips to make sure you are sipping your Miami Vice on the top deck Instead of watching your ship sail away from port
It’s happened to the best of us. We have it in our heads to arrive, get on board, and be smooth sailing on our cruise ship. Life sometimes serves us rocky moments that don’t guarantee an ideal embarkation day. But...
Before & After–How To Take Care Of Your Cruise Staff
Tipping is not the only way to say thank you
Before & After–Travel In ComfortTravel In Comfort January 2018 You're going on a cruise. Congrats! Get ready to experience one of the best vacations of...
Before & After–Travel In Comfort
Travel gear to make your trip not only fun,but comfortable
You're going on a cruise. Congrats! Get ready to experience one of the best vacations of your life. Want to make it even better? Why not, right? We thought you might. One way to do this is to make your trip more...
Before & After–You Deserve A New Luggage Set
We have luggage suggestion for every type of traveler
Cabin Essentials You Can’t Sail Without January 2018 There's nothing fun about dragging a heavy, oversized piece of luggage through an...